After spending some time looking for a SW:TOR guild and getting tons of responses after a post I made in the “looking for guild” thread, I realized I had plenty to think about and even more to write about. So the topic we’re about to discuss is not only controversial but very personal.
The loot systems…
- Puts the groups needs before the individuals.
- Allows a lesser geared player to catch up in the event of a replacement situation (healer had RL issues and had to be replaced).
- Allows one person or a group of people to dictate the progression of a larger group.
- Does not require nor reward hard work..
- Does not reward diligence or work ethic.
- Can be tainted with favoritism.
DKP Pros / Cons:
- Rewards those who show up on time and put in the work.
- Rewards diligence.
- Can be abused with DKP hoarding.
- Can be tainted with corrupted data (addons / Website data corruption)
Roll lockout Pros / Cons:
- Everyone has a fair chance at loot.
- Promoted selflessness.
- Less drama.
- No Favoritism
- Requires luck
- Can be skewed by player banding (X player rolls for Y player so Y player has more than 1 shot at a roll)
- Can be frustrating never winning a roll per raid ID.
If you have any Pros / Cons to add to the list please leave a comment and I will try to edit them into the post.
The idea for the next few weeks and hopefully some of you from the SW:TOR forums made it over here, is to find out the most popular type of looting system and why. To keep the poll from being skewed I would like to ask that everyone please only vote once and please don’t change your answer after voting unless you have a good reason, and in the event that you do change your answer please leave a comment listing why you changed your answer.